Tuesday, February 1, 2011
little a at 4 years and 4 months...
1) wakes up in the middle of the night laughing...even when she sleeps she's a stinker
2) talks about amazing concepts...like night rainbows made by the moon, and the two different types of night...the dark night when we first go to sleep, and the light night just before we wake up
3) her adventure books
4) walking back home from school with little r...she walks the monorail (small ledge that runs along the sidewalk), we ride the rope swing at the big oak tree, and share an ice cream sandwich from the local store
5) writes cursive...lots of squiggly loops
6) at long last reached 40"...enough for us to get on the jellyfish ride at CA Adventure...we've been tracking towards this goal for a whole year...our little thrill seeker LOVED it
7) when she's mad, she says "well I'm the boss of turtily!"
8) just starting to read and recognize words
9) this month...likes to pretend she is dumbo and snoopy
10) hides in her animal bin and says "who wants to go to the animal store?"
little r at 4 years and 4 months...
1) first er and icu visit when she fell backwards in her chair...january 18...small fracture
2) walking back home from school with little a...sits peacefully in the stroller, watching and chewing on the strap that falls perfectly at her mouth
3) loves to smile...mostly at mom, dad, and little a
4) looks really interested in eating...the other day, she wouldn't leave my hamburger alone
5) tried rice cereal for the first time on January 28
6) went to disney for the first time on Sunday, January 23
7) new term of endearment...sparkle eyes...thanks to her long curly lashes
8) still cries desperately when she's hungry as if we never feed her!
9) likes her mini raggedy ann and chiming lobster
10) arches her back to escape any place she doesn't want to be...like her infant seat. you wouldn't think it, but she is STRONG
11) her wild hair is starting to settle down...sniff...i love her crazy hair