yesterday, we stumbled upon a local fair...the kind with rides that need a bolt tightening here and there...and ended up staying the whole afternoon. i have no pictures...only descriptions. what i remember...
1) aut's reactions to the rickety rides...it was mix of uncontrollable laughter tinged with a the fearful anticipation that at any moment she might fly right off the ride. after each one, i'd ask, what did you think? and each time she replied that was SO COOL mommy, i want to go again! she's a thrill seeker, that one. i myself was a little concerned on a ride or two. it's no disneyland.
2) running into friends and chit-chatting as we watched our kids ride rides together. a simple thing, but something about it makes me happy - really happy. i guess it makes me feel our girls are growing up around good people.
3) watching little aut comfort her friend as they rode the bouncing cars. the ride, i thought was a tad wild, and he was clearly concerned. later on aut told me that she kept saying to him on the ride...it's okay, it'll be alright.
4) bean and aut swinging in car 9 at the top of the ferris wheel while new riders were loaded into the cars below. poor bean hates heights. he didn't look too pleased.
on another note...i did stay up late and work on another coin purse. it was supposed to be rainbow colored, but the red and blue are barely visible. what i learned this time?
1) to add interfacing to the fabric 2) to pin all the key intersections what i still can't figure out? 1) how to sew a straight hinge seam 2) how to neatly sew the lining to the top fabric...i always end up with a small gap at the hinge points