Saturday, October 1, 2011

lumpy pumpkins...

no...i am not a sweet genius.  i can just hear the bald guy from the food network insulting my misshapen pumpkin pops...amateur, juvenile, disaster.  sigh.  after an over baked cake, a frosting shortage, three fallen pops, two stolen cake slices, and lumpy chocolate (by far the most frustrating) , i ended up with about half of the recipe servings.  the ones that did make it to the end look far from the ones you would find in a frou frou bakery. 

my big concern now is how to transport the few survivors to the party.  i envision cake pops rolling all about the car leaving a destructive path of sprinkles and green frosting marks.  hmmm...i promise to myself that if this happens...i will just laugh...as tomorrow is all about the girls having a happy day.

for me...the jury's still out on the whole cake pop phenomenon. perhaps this is just one of those things i'll buy instead of make. 

off to sleep so we can have fun tomorrow!

1 comment:

Caryn said...

Awww, Shelley! They look AMAZING! I can't wait to chat with you about the experience when I get back. I don't care if only 25 of the 50 turned out...those 25 look perfect and I am sure, tasted phenomenally!